An informal discussion hosted by The Springfield Institute, and facilitated by:
- Paul Foster, Director, Springfield Citistat
- Charlotte Kahn, Director, The Boston Indicators Project
- Joaquin Rodriguez, Organizer, North End Outreach Network
Location: South End Community Center, 29 Howard Street, Springfield, MA 01105
Audience: Experts, officials, community organizations, residents
Language: English-to-Spanish simultaneous translation will be provided.
Background: This conversation is inspired by two recent developments:
- Last Tuesday, Springfield’s Governor-appointed financie control board was dissolved, and Governor Patrick, Mayor Sarno, and others called on residents to hold leadership accountable, and
- During a recent series of focus groups conducted by The Springfield Institute in the North End, residents identified accountability, transparency, and communication among their highest priorities.
As we usually do, we’ll start with some of the normal SI business items (updates on projects, people, funding, etc.) at noon, and as people arrive, we’ll begin the substantive discussion.
Light lunch. All are welcome!
Filed under: Local democracy & civic engagement |