- Paul Foster, Director, Springfield Citistat
- Charlotte Kahn, Director, The Boston Indicators Project
- Joaquin Rodriguez, Organizer, North End Outreach Network
Location: South End Community Center, 29 Howard Street, Springfield, MA 01105
Audience: Experts, officials, community organizations, residents
Language: English-to-Spanish simultaneous translation will be provided.
Background: This conversation is inspired by two recent developments:
- Last Tuesday, Springfield’s Governor-appointed financie control board was dissolved, and Governor Patrick, Mayor Sarno, and others called on residents to hold leadership accountable, and
- During a recent series of focus groups conducted by The Springfield Institute in the North End, residents identified accountability, transparency, and communication among their highest priorities.
As we usually do, we’ll start with some of the normal SI business items (updates on projects, people, funding, etc.) at noon, and as people arrive, we’ll begin the substantive discussion.
Filed under: Civil/human rights, Economic & workforce development, Food systems, nutrition, & urban agriculture, Green jobs/economy, Health disparities, Housing & community development, Immigrant community, Local democracy & civic engagement, Nonprofit/social sector, philanthropy, Public education, charter schools, Public safety & criminal justice, Social entrepreneurship, social investing, Transportation & infrastructure, Women & girls |