The Senate Budget makes over $2.5
billion in cuts which will have a
devastating impact on our
These cuts will hurt:
- Education – leading to overcrowded classrooms and school closings
- Cities & Towns – massive local aid cuts will hurt local services and put pressure on the property tax
- Health Care – hundreds of thousands of people will lose benefits and tens of thousands will lose coverage
- Public Safety – our streets will be less safe with cuts to community policing and jobs for youth
- Safety Net Services – cuts to programs for struggling low-income families will increase hunger and homelessness for tens of thousands of people.
In order for to rebuild our state’s economy, we need a balanced approach. We need to reduce budget cuts and continue making investments in our schools, infrastructure, and safety net services. With these investments, we can strengthen our economy and our communities!
We need our Senators to raise significant new revenue – above and beyond the sales tax increase in the House –to stop these cuts and invest in our future!
Call your State Senator NOW:
To find your Senators Email Click on: http://www.mass.gov/legis/memmenus.htm
To find the name of your State Senator (“Senator in General Court”), go to www.n2nma.org/action.htm
Hi, my name is _________________. I live [or work] at __________________.
I am calling, because the massive cuts in the Senate budget will have a devastating impact on our communities. We need a balanced approach to the growing fiscal crisis. Please support raising significant new revenue above and beyond the measures included in the House budget so we can reduce these cuts and invest in our future!
(Please add information about how these cuts are affecting your local community.)